I ran this yesterday at my other site, ParentingWithCancer.com. I thought I’d dance for another day here at MommaSaid:
Nearly five years to the moment I had been diagnosed with cancer, I got to see the space shuttle Enterprise being hauled up the Hudson River toward the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.
- On the morning of June 6, 2007, doctors told me that I had a tumor the size of a softball in my left lung which, left untreated, would probably kill me by summer’s end.
- Stunned and scared, I returned to my hospital room, where my roommate, an elderly hip replacement patient with poor hearing and a handy-dandy morphine pump that she was self-administering rather frequently, was BLARING THE TV.
- So it was hard to miss it when Barbara Walters introduced her next guest on “The View,” which airs in the New York area from 11 a.m. til noon, The Cancer Dancers.
- I looked up at the ceiling and said, “Really God? The Cancer Dancers? Now?”
- No one heard me because the TV was turned up so loud.