I came home from a weekend away with my mom to my son and his friend, both soaked from a water gun fight, and my other son playing basketball in the driveway in pants that are too short.
I am so very fortunate, and so are they.
The children of Japan, on the other hand, need some help, so I am joining Social Media Moms’ efforts to get the word out for Save the Children’s fundraising mission in Japan.
Most children were in school or nurseries when the earthquake and tsunami hit, separating them from their parents. Officials fear that many of them will be orphaned.
Japan Disaster Facts
- An estimated 100,000 children have been displaced from their homes
- Japan facing three disasters: earthquake, tsunami and nuclear radiation
- Japan is on high nuclear alert for two nuclear reactors in Fukushima
- Many tsunami-affected areas are still cut off from relief
- More than 465 roads, 43 bridges and seven railways washed away
- More than 380,000 people evacuated across the country
So instead of buying new pants for my son today, MommaSaid is donating some money to Save the Children for the children of Japan affected by the recent disaster.
To join MommaSaid and Social Media Moms on this special day, please click on the link below.
Social Media Moms joining us today: itsjessicaslife.com – treerootandtwig.com – Shanamama.com - Techsavvymama.com – thebeedot.com - Thecentsiblelife.com – Betterinbulk.net – adailypinch.com – mommyality.com – www.socialmediamoms.net – parentella.com – ColoradoMoms.com – musingsfromme.com/ – partybluprintsblog – skimbacolifestyle.com – anniewear.com – coolandhipiamnot.blogspot.com – simplegreenorganichappy.com – mommybknowsbest.com