I am and always have been a PC. Well, ever since I bought a PC Jr. in college to type up my term papers with a lot less aggravation and Wite-Out than my typewriter required. So when the nice folks at Microsoft asked me to host a Windows Twitter party for them, I said yes.
Let’s face it: The holidays are lovely and wonderful and magical and all that. But sometimes, they’re hard on parents, and it’s time we all fessed up and got together to share, share, that’s fair.
So, I’m hosting the Windows Moms Happy Holidaze Twitter Party this Wednesday, December 1st (Yeah, it’s almost December already) from 8-10 p.m.
Here’s the scoop:
Join me, MommaSaid.net’s Jen Singer (@JenSinger), and Microsoft’s Windows’ Lisa Worthington (@WinMommyLisa) for a fun Twitter Party for moms where we share the good, the bad and the crazy of parenting through the holidays. (Follow us on Twitter or my favorite, Hootsuite.)
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
8-10 pm ET
Follow @JenSinger and @WinMommyLisa
Use the hashtag #WindowsMoms
RSVP below so we can follow you, too. Here’s what you can win on Wednesday night:
- One (1) Grand Prize. A Toshiba Satellite t-215 Notebook Computer. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $470.00.
- One (1) First Prize: An xBox 360 4GB console with Kinect sensor. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $299.00.
- One (1) Second Prize: A Zune HD 16GB MP3 player. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $199.00.
- Six (6) Third Prizes. A Flip Video MinoHD Camcorder. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $199.00.
You can win BEFORE the party, too, by retweeting our tweets about the party on Monday and Tuesday. Here’s what Microsoft is giving away:
- Monday: Zoo Tycoon PC Game, valued at $30
- Tuesday: Kinect Sports Game, valued at $50
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $2,232.00
Whether your kids have had been angels or antsy in Santa’s lap, or you’ve had to keep your eye on your mother-in-law’s ceramic tchotchke — left at kid-level — all night, we’re going to share it and giggle through it.
HOLIDAY PHOTOS ON THE FLY: It’s all to celebrate Holiday Photos on the Fly. Windows and Southwest Air want to make your holidays easier by simplifying your holiday photos. For the first time, the whole family can get holiday photos taken, edited and shared at kiosks at Southwest Airlines gates in 26 airports across the U.S. Plus, there are kiosks in Bryant Park in New York City, and Skyline Park in Denver.
Here’s how Holiday Photos on the Fly works:
- Families will be able to take photos with Santa, or any one of several holiday backgrounds, and then Santa’s elves will use Windows Live to deliver a perfect family photo within moments – for free!
- And once you get where you’re going, you can go to www.freeholidayphotos.com to retrieve and share your photo online.
But wait! There’s more! Check out the Holiday Sweepstakes: Enter Microsoft’s sweepstakes for your chance to win cash and prizes. Could you use an extra $500 right about now? Or Southwest Airlines tickets for a romantic round-trip for two? Or a copy of Windows 7 software products? Enter the holiday sweepstakes at www.freeholidayphotos.com, where Windows and Southwest Airlines are offering you a chance to win great prizes daily. You can enter once every day, and winners will be selected each day. For more rules and more information about the holiday sweepstakes, go to www.freeholidayphotos.com.
Phew! See you at the Twitter Party!
The RSVPs are now closed, but you can still show up and win, so please join us at the party>
120 entries so far… you're next!