- You found three mittens in the toy box – and they’re all lefties.
- After a month of constant play, your kids’ Hokey Pokey Elmo can no longer put his whole self in.
- You wrestle the baby’s snowsuit on, and then he fills his diaper.
- You’re flipping through the TV channels, remote in one hand and credit card in the other, for a fundraiser to cure Cabin Fever.
- You’ve spotted two of the missing right-handed mittens — on the neighbor’s snowman.
- The sun goes down hours and hours before your kids do.
- You wish the stroller had four-wheel-drive.
- Don’t worry. The groceries stay nicely refrigerated in the car, right where you forgot them.
- Your socks are now starring in a puppet show with no plot.
- You’ve heard the two words that put fear in the hearts of all parents: Snow Day. Again…
Parts of this list appeared in Parenting magazine, back in the day, and yet it still applies.
Share, share, that’s fair: If there’s one word to describe MommaSaid’s fans, it’s “clever.” Please share your signs of winter and we’ll all giggle into our hot chocolates together.