I’m running around with one soccer shoe on and no lunch in my belly, so I’m going to post a MommaSaid Classic. This one first appeared in my book, 14 Hours ’til Bedtime, and has also run in American Baby. Enjoy and remember, share, share, that’s fair.
A MommaSaid.net Classic
20 Ways Parenthood is Just Like College
by Jen Singer
- You feel like you’re constantly being tested.
- Someone’s always smarter than you (or at least they think they are).
- Your roommates are slobs, and they steal your food.
- You get kicked out of the library for leaving behind crumbs and creating a ruckus.
- Keg parties and Chuck E Cheese’s parties produce the same kind of hangover.
- You never seem to be able to get the place to yourself.
- People talk to you while you’re in the shower.
- You hate your roommates’ music, and they hate yours.
- You can neither identify nor locate the source of that funky smell coming from the closet.
- There’s nothing in your bank account.
- Five a.m. is really, really early – or really, really late – depending on whether you’ve been to bed yet.
- Hey! How about a pizza? Again!
- You’re too exhausted to retain what you’re reading.
- Oh, now you can identify that smell: You forgot to take that half-eaten sandwich out of the backpack yesterday.
- You’re wearing your college sweatshirt again today, because it’s the cleanest thing you could find.
- Someone always leaves a party crying.
- You think you’re the only one who feels clueless.
- It goes so fast.
Win all of Jen Singer’s books: Enter The Housewife Award® contest by September 28th for your chance to win signed copies of every book Jen Singer has written, plus a certificate for the fridge