Here are 5 Summer Break Rules, according to Mom:
- Do not treat the garage floor like a Sports Authority store during a 70% off sale.
- Open your bedroom shades. This is not the Bat Cave or Lyndsay Lohan’s hotel room after a bender.
- Regular showers are required — and, no, your five-yard Super Soaker fight doesn’t count.
- Wet swimsuits do not go into the hamper. Or the carpet. Or the wood floor. Or the garage floor with the Super Soakers, three hockey sticks, a baseball helmet and Mom’s brand new tennis balls, which are likely covered in wet mulch.
- All of your exposed skin requires sunscreen, not just your nose and your knees and whatever else you can reach quickly while running out the door.