The moms over at the Today Show asked: “What puts a smile on your face when celebrating your child’s end of year activities?” So, I answered them. http://allday.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/06/11/1962600.aspx
What puts a smile on my face at the end of the school year?
1. I can go back to washing darks and lights, instead of darks, lights and Oh-my-God-you-have-a-game-today!
2. I no longer have to recall 4th grade math.
3. I won’t be the 5th grade’s Forgotten Homework Faxing Service throughout the summer.
4. Knowing I won’t have to go on a treasure hunt for teacher’s requests for toilet paper rolls/empty shoeboxes/string/photos of my family that are more recent than Christmas 2004 for another 10 weeks.
5. I won’t trip over backpacks again until September. (Sandals, water guns and wet swimsuits, yes, but that’s okay for now.)